Honor the Earth requests proposals for a part-time Information Technology Coordinator to manage our websites, supporter database, file sharing, and communication tools. Honor the Earth is in a moment of growth and momentum, and we seek a disciplined, experienced individual with a commitment to long-term movement-building.
Details: This is a part-time position (~20 hours per week) with competitive compensation relative to experience and ability, but no benefits. The IT Coordinator will be an independent contractor, not an employee of Honor the Earth. Location is flexible, but we prefer someone able and willing to work in one of our 3 Minnesota offices: Callaway (White Earth Reservation), Duluth, and Minneapolis. There is also a possibility for a short-term web development contract in addition to the long-term coordination position. To submit a proposal, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] on or before February 15, 2018.
About us: Honor the Earth is a national Indigenous-led environmental organization established in 1993. Our mission is to create awareness and support for Native environmental issues and to develop financial and political resources for the survival of sustainable Native communities. Honor the Earth develops these resources by using music, the arts, media, traditional foods, and Indigenous wisdom to ask people to recognize our joint dependency on the Earth and be a voice for those not heard. Winona LaDuke serves as Executive Director. Our financial and grassroots organizing support for Native environmental initiatives is based deep in our communities, histories, and long-term struggles to protect the earth and Indigenous rights. We believe a sustainable world is predicated on transforming economic, social, and political relationships that have been based on systems of conquest, toward systems based on just relationships with each other and Mother Earth.
- Maintain multiple websites on different platforms
- Customize and maintain our supporter database, including imports/exports, reporting, access settings, and data structure (Salesforce)
- Optimize integrations between websites and database, including cloud-based financial infrastructure and mass communication tools
- Maintain cloud-based infrastructure for file sharing and internal communications (Google)
- Manage and improve internal information security practices
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of Salesforce CRM
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and PHP languages
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and tasks in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Self-motivation and responsiveness
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Political sensibility, critical thinking, and cross-cultural communication skills
Honor the Earth is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on identity. Indigenous people, people of color, Two-Spirit or LGBTQA+ people, and members of other marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to submit proposals.